HOME >About >Why KORMARINE
- Busan, the leading maritime & shipbuilding capital of the world.
- Republic of Korea has long been a country of the world’s top shipbuilder in terms of annual orders and construction volume. Despite the recent long-term economic recession and the COVID-19 of our global industry, the Republic of Korea has regained its status as the world’s leading shipbuilding and marine industries by winning 42% of the world’s orders ($18.3 billion). Especially, in the first quarter of 2021, 52% of the world’s orders was taken by Korean Shipyards. We have achieved an overwhelming competitive advantage of high value-added vessels such as LNG carriers and VLCCs in 2020.
- Busan is the largest port city in Korea, and it is a maritime capital where related government, organizations, and industry-leading businesses are located.
- KORMARINE, which has held every two years for 40 years in Busan, is a festival of people from shipbuilding and maritime industries all around the world. Join the excitement of KORMARINE, and define the future of our global industry.
- 835 Exhibitors from 45 countries (35,000 sqm)
- 38,000 Visitors from 91 countries
- 12 National Pavilions
- Networking Parties
- 21% of Visitors are Decision Makers
- 83% of Exhibitor Rebooking Rate
- 91.9% of Exhibitor Satisfaction (2017 Record)
- KORMARINE Conference
- Over 50 Speakers from Domestic & Overseas
- 1,000 Attendees
- 10 Professional sessions
- KOMEA Forum, Technical Seminar, investment briefing, etc.
Networking & Business
- Export Counseling hosted by KOMEA
- Business Matchmaking
- Welcome banquet held by National Pavilions
- New Product & New Technology Presentation
- KORMARINE Awards
- Re-employment Fair for Shipbuilding Industry
- Business & Academic cooperation for maritime youth development