HOME >About >Why KORMARINE
- Busan, the leading maritime & shipbuilding capital of the world.
- South Korea has long been a country of the world’s top shipbuilder in terms of annual orders and construction volume. Despite the recent long-term economic recession of our global industry, South Korea has been winning 40% of the world’s orders in the first half of 2018 due to a steady recovery based on technology-intensive specialized vessels such as LNG carries.
- Busan is the largest port city in Korea, and it is a maritime capital where related government, organizations, and industry-leading businesses are located.
- Including world-class shipyards, over 50 shipyards are based in Busan and neighboring area (such as Ulsan and Gyeongsangnam-do Province), and it creates positive synergy for the industry.
- KORMARINE, which held every two years in Busan, is a festival of people from shipbuilding and maritime industries all around the world. Join the excitement of KORMARINE, and the define the future of our global industry.
- 900 Exhibitors from 46 countries (40,000 sqm)
- 36,000 Visitors from 80 countries (12,000 visitors from Shipyards)
- 15 National Pavilions
- Networking Parties
- 21% of Visitors are Decision Makers
- 83% of Exhibitor Rebooking Rate
- 91.9% of Exhibitor Satisfaction (2017 Record)
- KORMARINE Conference
- Over 50 Speakers from Domestic & Overseas
- 1,000 Attendees
- 10 Professional sessions
- KOMEA Forum, Technical Seminar, investment briefing, etc.
Networking & Business
- Export Counseling hosted by KOMEA
- Business Matchmaking
- Welcome banquet held by National Pavilions
- New Product & New Technology Presentation
- KORMARINE Awards
- Re-employment Fair for Shipbuilding Industry